Aleksandr M. Vinogradov
Aleksandr was born in the northern Russian city of Petrozavodsk. As a Fine Arts graduate, he embarked on a Law degree at the State University of Petrozavodsk in 1998 before going on to work as a graphic designer and creative director, including a stint at an advertising agency. In 2009, he started a Master’s course at TV school and in 2015, he graduated from DocNomads, a two-year Master’s programme. Aleksandr is currently based in Brussels and is working on various documentary and fiction films.
As our guest artist, Aleksandr will present his project for the documentary film ‘ Queer Tango Goes To Russia’ at a conference organised as part of the festival. The documentary is due for release in 2017 and requires funding and institutional backing.
Aleksandr also directed the festival trailer filmed in St. Petersburg in December 2016. This French-Russian production features key figures from the local queer community.
Meetings with Aleksandr
“CALL ME CHAOS“ / documentary / French, English / Premiered at Visions Du Reel 2016, Medium Length Film Competiotion TRAILER: https://vimeo.com/133560596 “OLENKA WATER“ / experimental documentary / 12’ / Russian, English “THE DREAMERS’ CLUB“ / documentary / 17’ / Hungarian, English – DocLisboa 2015 (Portugal) “SOUNDS OF KAZINCBARSIKA“ / documentary musical / 14’ / Hungarian, English – Selection of DocFeed Film Festival 2016 (Eindhoven, Netherlands) – Best Short Documentary Award at the Beginning Film Festival 2015 (Russia)
“AWAITING“ / documentary / 5’ / Portuguese, English
“ROBBIE WILLIAMS: FANS JOURNEY TO TALLINN“ / documentary / 56’ / second unit director
“CALL OF A HEART“ / documentary portrait / 44’ / Russian015 (Russia)
“FIVE STEPS OF BUTOH” / art documentary / 17’ / Russian, English /
– Grand Prix of Telemania 2012
– Best documentary and Best Cinemotography of Telemaniya 2012
– Best Art Documentary, Int. Festival „MENSCHEN UND LÄNDER“ (Germany)
– Participant of Beginning Film Festival (Saint-Petersburg), 2012
– Participant of “Point in the endliess universe” Open air festival (Moscow), 2012
– Nominee for Best Documentary, XXth film festival “Saint Anna” (Moscow), 2013
“MY NAME IS HONEVO” / art documentary / 13’/ English, Spanish, Russian
– Original visual decision award. Telemania 2011 (Moscow)
– Original visual decision award. Beginning film festival 2011 (Saint-Petersburg)